Got black mold? We can help remove and remediate any mold in your home. Guaranteed!
Mold remediation is, unfortunately, one area where there seems to be no shortage of misinformation and unqualified contractors. If you want the best result for your mold removal project in Central and Southern Maine, Central and Southern New Hampshire, and Eastern Massachusetts, then you will want to hire Octagon Cleaning & Restoration as your mold remediation and removal contractors. We are fully licensed, trained, certified and highly experienced. More importantly, we also understand your needs and what you are going through and will keep you updated on the mold remediation and removal process every step of the way.
What Causes Black Mold?
Mold becomes a problem inside a home when there’s excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing. Even high humidity or warm, moist air condensing on cool surfaces can trigger mold problems. It’s always best to have the mold evaluated and removed by a certified professional. Octagon Cleaning & Restoration is an IICRC-certified firm in the area of mold and microbial remediation.
Where Can Mold Grow in a Home?
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a building. If there is visible mold on painted wall surfaces, property owners should be concerned about what may be growing on the wall’s opposite side. The environment inside the walls often differs drastically from the outside and could create a perfect haven for toxic mold. If a wall remains wet for a prolonged period, it’s almost guaranteed that the mold growth on the backside will be worse than on the front. If not properly ventilated, an attic can provide a haven for mold. At that point, containing the workspace and removing moldy materials, followed by aggressive cleaning of salvageable framing, are the best options.
How to Remove Mold?
It is very important to understand that mold MUST be physically removed and contained to prevent cross-contamination of the living space. Killing mold with products such as bleach or other chemicals DOES NOT eliminate the health risk associated with the spores. Mold spores can be just as dangerous dead as they are alive and can present the same potential risk to building occupants. Therefore fogging and trying to just kill mold is a waste of time and money. You should never allow biocides to be fogged in your home. Also, the chemicals used to treat or limit mold are considered pesticides and can be very harmful (often more so than the mold itself).