Water damage is a traumatic and stressful event for anyone. When you experience water damage in your home or business, you need the very best emergency water damage repair company. Octagon Cleaning & Restoration has handled thousands of water damages. They can make water damage clean up easy and stress-free! There are several things you should know in advance so you can act quickly if you experience water damage.
- Your insurance company must be notified ASAP. It’s best to act quickly because your insurance agent can start the claim immediately and guide you through your first steps to protecting your property from further damage.
- There are different insurance policies for flood and water damage: Not all water damage is created equally. Make sure to specify whether the claim is for water or flood. If you live in an area where flooding is common, you might already have a separate policy.
- Not all water damage is covered by insurance. It’s best practice to familiarize yourself with your insurance policy and whether or not it covers water damage. Often water damage caused by gradual leaks or not maintaining the property isn’t covered.
- Water damage is a ticking clock. You have between 24-48 hours once water damage occurs before mold begins to grow. To prevent mold growth, you need to contact an emergency water extraction company like Octagon Cleaning & Restoration. When you hire a large national franchise you never know who will actually show up at your door. With Octagon Cleaning & Restoration you get the very best trained technicians with years of experience – every time. They are also proud members of the Better Business Bureau.
- It’s important to know the pollution level of water damage. There are three pollution levels to consider that are specified by category.
- Category 1: Water from a clean source that won’t cause illness.
- Category 2: Water that can cause illness due to bacteria.
- Category 3: Highly contaminated water, like sewage, an overflowing toilet, or stormwater, which can cause severe illness or death.
The higher the contamination level, the more aggressive the restoration team will need to be.
Water damage is expensive and dangerous! Preventing it is an important part of home maintenance. Choosing the right company is critical to protecting your investment in your home, which is why you should make your first (and only) call to an IICRC-certified company: Octagon Cleaning & Restoration.