The scary thing about the symptoms of hidden mold in your home is that they’re commonly diagnosed as a head cold or the flu. Often, people who are severely affected by mold see several doctors and specialists before figuring out that mold is the culprit to their unexplained sickness.
Mold exposure can cause a staggering amount of symptoms and health conditions. These can include:
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Loss of balance
- Inability to control anger
- Sleep problems
- Irregular menstruation
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Some cases of autism
There are several ways to determine if mold in your home is making you sick.
- Find a physician in your area who understands mold treatments and get tested.
- Get a professional air test of your home to see if the mold is in your air. It may be invisible, but the consequences could be great.
- Leave your home for a few days. Go camping, get fresh air, and pay attention to see if your symptoms lessen or go away. This is usually an indicator that your home is making you sick.
- Call your mold professionals at Octagon Cleaning & Restoration. They offer 24/7 support and can assist in identifying moisture sources, evaluating mold growth, physical removal of contamination, and drying and cleaning of materials to prevent further mold growth.
If you want the best results for your mold removal in Central and Southern Maine, Central and Southern New Hampshire, and Eastern Massachusetts, then hire Octagon Cleaning & Restoration as your mold remediation and removal contractors. We offer 24/7 support & emergency response. Call today: 1-207-893-0002 (ME) or 1-603-239-2100 (NH & MA).