Commercial building cleaning and water/mold damage remediation are often necessary after winter weather, and thus spring is the perfect time to initiate a full evaluation of your facilities.
The problem is that damage from ice and winter storms may have manifested itself in places you haven’t noticed, or have little access to. Furthermore, what business couldn’t use a thorough scrubbing after a long winter full of slush, grime and salt?
To give you an idea of what measures you might want to consider, we’ve put together a list of essential services which will help keep your commercial space in tip-top shape!
Spring Commercial Building Cleaning Services
Commercial Carpet Cleaning: Dirt and grime can rampantly accumulate on your floors and furniture through the winter, and come spring, your space may need a thorough scrubbing. Most carpet and upholstery cleaners use state-of-the-art equipment to safely remove seemingly steadfast stains and the most difficult dirt from your carpets and fabrics.
- With pre-conditioner, special spot cleans, comprehensive wall-to-wall coverage, and speedy service, a commercial carpet cleaner is your best bet to quickly restore your commercial space’s luster.
Mold Remediation: Mold can become a problem inside any building when there’s excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or old plumbing. Mold can be a significant health concern in working environments, according to the EPA:
“All molds have the potential to cause health effects. Molds can produce allergens that can trigger allergic reactions or even asthma attacks in people allergic to mold. Others are known to produce potent toxins and/or irritants. Potential health concerns are an important reason to prevent mold growth and to remediate/clean up any existing indoor mold growth.”
A complete evaluation of your office space following winter is a good idea, as you’ll often catch previously unnoticed problem areas. It’s always best to have mold evaluated and removed by a certified professional.
Commercial Air Duct Cleaning: The objective of source removal air duct cleaning is the complete physical removal of dirt, debris and other contaminants from the ductwork. According to the EPA, this is recognized as the most acceptable form of cleaning and decontamination of air duct systems for both homes and commercial buildings.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration: Damage to roofs is common during the winter months, with snow and ice working their way into problem areas of commercial buildings. This can potentially lead to water damage. Spring is the perfect time to assess this damage and consider a remediation strategy.
- It is important to understand that water damage gets worse with every passing minute and the visible damage may only be the tip of the iceberg. Hidden damage within walls, sub floor, behind cabinets and in ceilings can take weeks or months to completely dry on its own, greatly increasing secondary damages like mold.
Commercial Cleaning: Overall commercial cleaning is a year-round task, but it is especially essential after all the grime and salt tracked in through the winter. In addition to carpets, you may want to go over windows, floors, kitchen and bathrooms.
Tile and Grout Cleaning: Tile and grout cleaning can be a rough job, and it often requires cleaning products which pack more than the average punch. Here’s how to best attack tile and grout stains:
- First, treat the tile and grout with a detergent that breaks down the oil, grease, dirt and grime.
- If needed, then gently scrub the entire surface with an electric scrubber.
- Finally, a high-pressure hot water rinse (that is fully enclosed in a vacuum system), gently blasts away the years (or a winter’s worth) of dirt and grime.
Leave the Spring Commercial Building Cleaning to the Pros!
Commercial cleaning and mold and water damage remediation are best left to the professionals. Contact Octagon Cleaning and Restoration today for a FREE estimate or for more information about our services.